Wednesday, 15 July 2015

A quick healthy delicious meal

Who doesn't love a quick and delicious meal that is also good for you?

Last night I made one of our favourite dishes - chicken and pumpkin with cous cous and snow peas. 



It is so easy - here's what I did... (serves 2 people)

1. In a frypan, chuck in diced chicken breast and some garlic and cook. 
2. Meanwhile, dice some pumpkin (I had about 2 cups worth) and microwave or boil on the stove until tender (if I had more time I would roast it)
3. Once the chicken is cooked, add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of lime juice and 3 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce. 
4. Make the cous cous by adding 1 cup of cous cous to 1 cup of boiling water (leave to sit for a few minutes before fluffing up with a fork)
4. Microwave a few snow peas (I did 6 each).
5. Add the pumpkin to the chicken and stir through. 
6. Serve by scooping cous cous into a bowl or onto a plate, add the chicken and pumpkin and any extra sauce, add the snow peas and finally sprinkle some cashews over the top. 

This is my own version of a Weight Watchers recipe from years ago (no link sorry - it's now just from memory!) 

The best bit is that the leftovers the next day taste even better!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment