Week 2 in 'Our Organised Hive's' Spring Cleaning Challenge was Laundry Week.
I was particularly busy this week, and didn't get to do the daily tasks each day, however on Friday, the last day of the challenge, I completed all the tasks. This was possible because I have only recently decluttered and organised my laundry a few months ago. You can read about it here.
Day 1 tasks:
- declutter any items you no longer need or use (relocate/donate/chuck)
- clean shelves
- purchase storage items (e.g. baskets) to create a more organised space
- put only what you need or use back into the cupboard
'Our Organised Hive' suggests using 1 basket for each person (which contains their sheets/pillow cases/quilts etc.) - One day when I have my dream giant linen cupboard, I will definitely do this!
In my linen cupboard I have towels, swimming towels and our swimming bag, some sheets, pillow cases and quilt covers and down the bottom is my craft basket, which clearly needs a declutter!
Day 2 tasks:
- Deep clean the washing machine (I have previously written about deep cleaning here)
- Declutter any items in the laundry that you no longer need or use, or that need to be relocated to another room
- Catch up on all your washing
- Soak your whites
[Washing all done, and the laundry decluttered]
- Declutter cleaning products
- Organise batteries/tools etc. in your laundry - here's how I have organised mine, thanks to 'Our Organised Hive's' suggestion!
[Batteries ($4 organiser from a local $2 shop)]
[Screws and nails ($10 organiser from Kmart)]
[Other items for around the house ($9 organiser from Kmart)]
- Deep clean the dryer
- Clear laundry benches
- Deep clean clothes line and clothes horse
- Remove cobwebs
- Clean powerpoints, light switches, skirting boards, light fixtures, vents
- Declutter cupboards in laundry
[Old towels, and some non-perishable pantry items]
[Games, platters, trays and tablecloths tidied]
- Declutter broom cupboard
- Deep clean sink and drain
- Clean under laundry sink
- Clean any windows and window sills
[Under the sink organised with various containers]
- Declutter sunscreens (check expiry date)
- Wipe down benches, doors, drawers, cupboards, walls, doors, splashback
- Vacuum and mop behind washing machine
- Sweep/vacuum and mop floors
- Stock up on any thing you need, e.g. toilet paper, cleaning supplies
[Sunscreens decluttered and organised using a $9 shelf from Kmart]
- Catch-up day to catch-up on any task from week 1 or 2 that haven't been completed
Next week is Loungeroom and Study week!