Tuesday, 3 May 2016

Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas for Kids!

Mother's Day is this Sunday, and just like I did for Father's Day last year (click here), I thought I'd have a look for some gift ideas to give your Mum!

All the ideas below are from Pinterest - I could spend hours trawling through it on my phone, it's such a wealth of ideas!

Photos of all generations
I love this idea! It would be interesting to do it each year, and see how each person grows and changes!

Handprint tree
This is a simple idea, and the kids would definitely have fun creating it!



Flowers in painted tins
How sweet is this idea! Kids can paint old tins or jars, and then have fun planting pretty flowers for Mum.



Footprint picture
This particular example is for Grandma, but can easily be adapted for Mum, and would be easy and fun to make!



Photos of the kids
I would love this as a Mum! Even younger kids can hold up a sign for a photo, and by adding a nice frame, you have an easy and cheap gift, that means a lot!



'All about my Mum!'
I love this idea, and would be fun for the kids to do each year to see how their answers change from year to year! You could easily create a personalised version for yourself on the computer, with your own questions too.



Homemade sugar scrub
There are many recipes on the interest for homemade bath products that would be ideal to give to Mum - sugar scrub, bath bombs, bath salts etc. Add a nice jar and ribbon, and you have a fantastic gift!



Homemade cards
I love how effective these cards are, and they would be simple to make - just take some coloured card and a piece of white paper, and let kids add their own designs (or use craft punches). These teacup flower pots look lovely!



Baked goods
What mum wouldn't like some baked goods?! I love how these cookies are presented in a simple but effective way using a paper plate.



Flower bouquet
How sweet is this! Bake some cupcakes, and arrange in a flower pot (you could use a foam ball from places like Spotlight with toothpicks) and allow kids to decorate.



'Spa in a jar'
This idea has endless possibilities - find an empty jar (or purchase a nice one) and fill with pamper items Mum loves - nail polish, spa/bath items, even a chocolate or two as a treat!



Candles
Candles are always a great gift idea, especially lovely smelling ones, but how much better would it be to allow kids to create their own pattern or design for Mum! This one uses baking paper and a hair dryer to attach (google for specific instructions!)



'Mum's emergency stash'
I know I would love this! Using a plastic container from places like Bunnings (I have one of these to store my batteries), fill with Mum's favourite chocolates and lollies, for when she needs that sugar-hit!




Poem/Plaque
I thought this plaque was a cool idea, using MOTHER as an acronym. Kids could just as easily use their Mum's name as an acronym and write a poem as well.



Mother's Day Pill Box
Using a cheap pill box from the chemist, add your own writing/design to the front, and fill with little notes or chocolates for Mum! Such a cute idea.


For all these ideas, just search 'Mother's Day Gift Ideas' on Pinterest (or even on Google). Hopefully some of these ideas will be helpful in the lead-up to Mother's Day this year. To all the Mother's (and those wonderful carers and Father's who do both jobs!) out there, I hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. It's really nice to see a gift guide where you're actually properly talking about the things you've picked out! :D Like the idea of tickets, it shows you're actually paying attention to what they like, haha! I'm getting both my parents

    homemade mother day gift ideas

    ReplyDelete