Monday, 22 August 2016

Pregnancy Diary Weeks 32-35

We're on the home straight now - only 5 weeks to go!

About week 32, my body started to remind me why pregnancy is tough in those final weeks. I have more aches and pains, it's getting quite hard to sleep, I can't tie my shoes unless I turn into a pretzel, I certainly can't shave my legs (I'm thankful it's winter!) and my bump is getting in the way of washing up, and just general things I have to do throughout the day. But, I am remaining positive! It is only for a short time, and it is for the best reason ever - to bring another beautiful life into this world. I had a much rougher time with Miss M, and she was absolutely worth it - her and Brendan are my absolute world.

I had a doctor's appointment at week 31 (which I wrote about in my previous Pregnancy Diary post), another in week 33, and another in week 35 (I'm on fortnightly appointments, and then will be on weekly appointments at 37 weeks). Everything is going well - my blood pressure is good, both times I have been measuring 2cm behind the week I'm up to (so 31cm at week 33, and 33cm at week 35) which is normal, and at week 35 the baby had dropped and I am 3/5 engaged (as I understand it, 4/5 & 5/5 mean the baby's head isn't engaged - 3/5, 2/5 and 1/5 mean that it is). I saw the little heartbeat on the ultrasound machine in the doctor's office (which is always so special and comforting!) and at week 35 he or she was sticking their tongue in and out - super cute!

I now only have just over a week left of work - I finish next Wednesday at 36 weeks and 3 days (on the 31st August). I can't wait! There are a fair few stairs at work, so I won't miss climbing them, but I know I'll miss the students and the staff I work with. I'm sure I'll go back and do some casual days sometime next year though - we will see!

I have a list of things I want to do before the baby arrives, to hopefully make the newborn days slightly easier. Besides setting up the things I'll need for baby #2 (the bassinet which is ready to go in the guest room, bringing the tubs of clothes upstairs (I have both boys & girls clothes ready to go), and putting the car seat in my car), I need to pack my hospital bag, a bag for the baby (which is done - I just washed all the little boy's and girl's clothes this past week) and a bag for Miss M (as my Mum will come into the labour room with Brendan and I, Miss M will go to my Dad or brother if I go into labour during the night!), and I want to make sure the house is clean and decluttered (I love the nesting phase!) and I want to fill our freezer with some meals ready for after the baby is born. I also have plans to rest and relax, and catch up on as much sleep as I can. Miss M will continue with day care one day a week (she just loves it and is thriving there!), and hopefully my Mum agrees to having Miss M for half a day once a week as well, so I can have some time to myself (which I'm sure will be in short supply soon!)

Interestingly, my savoury cravings are still around, but are now joined by sweet cravings as well, like every single day! I was sick around 34 weeks with a cold so didn't feel like eating a lot, but in the days following when I was recovering, I couldn't be bothered cooking proper meals, and lived on cereal and toast for a bit. So it's safe to say my diet lately hasn't been the best. I need to get back into some good habits so I can carry these on once I've had the baby, and lose the baby weight!

We had our maternity shoot at 33 weeks, and I am really happy with the photos! I shared them in a previous blog post, check it out here. It's so nice to be able to celebrate such a beautiful time, and it was lovely to include Miss M in the photos (actually I think she almost stole the show!) We will do newborn photos within the first 10 days of the new baby's life as well. I love to display these on my walls, and to be able to include them in the photobooks I add to each month.

I'll leave you with some photos, and I'll write again closer to week 40 - crazy to think it's so close now!

33 weeks

34 weeks


35 weeks







No comments:

Post a Comment