Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Welcome and 2017 Resolutions!


Welcome (or welcome back) to my blog!

I started this blog 18 months ago, and have been absolutely blown away with over 24,000 views on my blog posts, and over 1400 likers on my Facebook page! This time last year I had roughly 8,000 views and 800 likers - thank you to all of you for making this experience a positive one - I really enjoy writing blog posts, and finding interesting things to post on Facebook. 

I thought I would re-introduce myself for those who might be new. I'm Sarah, I'm 28 years old (29 in April) and am married to Brendan, who is almost 32. We have two beautiful daughters, Miss M, who was born in December 2014, and who has just turned 2, and Miss O, who was born in October 2016, and who is only just 3 months old. We got married in April 2013, and then bought a house - we live in Northern NSW. We have completely changed the outside of the house, both front and back, as well as some of the inside. My hubby is the talented one on the tools, and I like to try my hand at decorating on a budget! He also works as a direct care worker with teenagers, a primary school casual teacher and is also a super-dad!

I am currently on maternity leave from high school teaching. I trained as a secondary PDHPE Teacher, however I've spent 3 of my 5 years teaching Maths.  

Last year I shared our family's goals for 2016, so I thought it would be good to revisit these and see what we achieved!

2016 Goals

House
 - fix the lights in the bathrooms
 - attach a new smoke alarm
 - remove out-of-date security boxes
 - replace powerpoints in guest room (they are still old fashioned brown ones)
 - finish painting new doors in Miss M's room and the guest room
 - finish painting picket fences
 - establish the gardens
 - finish the railing on the porch
 - my ultimate aim for decluttering and organising is to have not even one junk drawer!

Money
 - focus on paying a certain amount off the house

Personal
 - Brendan is aiming to finish uni this year (he is a semester away from being a primary teacher!)
 - Brendan is also training for a competitive cycling race in May
 - Maintain my pre-pregnancy weight [I fell pregnant again instead!]
 - Exercise 6 times per week 
 - Implement a new way of meal planning
 - Healthier meals/create more freezer meals

Purchases
 - New computer: we desperately need one, both our laptops have almost died!
 - New TV unit: we are still using a cheap purchase off a local buy, swap and sell site

Travel
A few places on our list include:
 - Newcastle
 - Tamworth
 - Forster
 - Sydney
 - Gold Coast
 - Port Macquarie
 - Albury
 - Wagga

It feels great to be able to cross off so many things from our list last year! Here are our goals for 2017:

2017 Goals

House
 - finish painting new doors in the girl's room and the guest room
 - finish painting picket fences
 - finish the railing on the porch
 - install ceiling fans in the master room and living room

Money
 - focus on paying a certain amount off the house
 - create a new budget

Personal/Health
 - Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight
 - Exercise 3-4 times per week
 - Brendan wants to do more cycling and racing this year 

Purchases
 - IKEA trip (for fun!) 

Travel
 - Port Macquarie
 - Albury
 - Newcastle
 - Yamba
 - Byron Bay

Ultimately I want to find our new normal as a family of 4, and with the 2 girls. I can't wait for another year to watch both girls grow and change and learn new things. It's exciting to be able to (at this point) stay at home with them, and to make more memories this year!


Happy New Year everyone!!

[Top image from: advancehappynewyear2017.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment