Monday, 6 February 2017

Organisation ideas that work for us

I thought I'd share some organisation systems around our house that have been tried and tested and work really well for us.

STORING CUSHIONS AT NIGHT

I use this $12 Kmart basket to store the cushions we take off our bed each night. I use another basket to store a few throws/blankets in the living room for when it turns cold at night.


STORING MEDICINES


I use these $10 Kmart plastic drawers to store our medicines, and they are super easy to access. They live in our laundry cupboards, up high and out of reach.


STORING SNACKS


I use another $10 plastic Kmart drawer to store small snack packs, for when I need something for Miss M quickly.


HATS & SUNSCREENS


I use this $9 Kmart shelf with hooks that I painted white for my sunscreens, insect repellent, hats, and old sunnies that I use to hang out the washing. It lives near the door in the laundry.


STORING FRUIT & VEG


I use these $2 Kmart plastic tubs to store fruit and veg in the bottom of my fridge.


STORING SAUCES


I use these $3 Kmart plastic containers with a handle for easy access to the sauces at the top of my fridge.


STORING UTENSILS


I use this $7 Kmart cutlery/utensil divider to keep my second drawer in my kitchen tidy.


UNDER THE KITCHEN SINK


I've used more $2 Kmart tubs to tidy up under my kitchen sink.


IN THE PANTRY


I love Kmart 'fake tupperware' pantry containers to keep my pantry items neat (and fresh!). They come in a pack of 4-6  (different shapes/sizes) for $9.


STORING BATTERIES & HOOKS


I use this $4 container (from a local $2 shop) to store batteries, child locks, hooks and small screwdrivers. It lives in my kitchen, and is super easy to access for when I need to change the batteries in the TV remote or in the kids toys.


STORING SMALL KIDS TOYS


I use more $2 Kmart plastic tubs to store Miss M's small toys, such as cars, dinosaurs, animals, duplo, small books etc. She can take one tub out at a time to play with. So far they have worked surprisingly well!


ORGANISING BATHROOM ITEMS


I've used these $7 fabric baskets from Big W to store different items in our ensuite and they fit well in this white cubby-unit.


STORING MY HAIRDRYER


My $5 Kmart hairdryer rack has been super-handy to keep my hairdryer out of the way and easy to access in our ensuite.


STORING SCARVES


I use this $40 bamboo ladder from Myer to store my scarves - I've used this for a good 8 or 9 years and it has always worked well! This is in our master bedroom.


STORING WRAPPING PAPER


I use these $10 Kmart hamper to store my wrapping paper in our guest room. This has worked well for almost 2 years now.


STORING BATH TOYS


I was gifted this bath toy holder which suctions to the wall in the bathroom. You can remove the net and scoop the toys back up after a bath.


STORING MY CLEANING PRODUCTS


I use this Kmart 'bits and bobs' metal container (I can't remember price sorry!) to store my cleaning products, and I carry it around when cleaning which is super helpful and easy. It lives in my laundry cupboard.


STORING SPICES / IRON


I use these $4 spice racks from Kmart in my laundry pantry cupboard for my spices and they have worked a treat since my brother installed them for me! It is handy to have my iron up high and out of reach too (ideally I wouldn't have it in with the spices, but we are very short on space!)


Hopefully some of those ideas help with organising your own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment