Monday, 13 February 2017

We are moving!


About 2 months ago, my hubby Brendan received a call offering him a permanent teaching job out west. It was a very small village of 300 people and not close at all to anywhere, and because we have two young kids and for a few other reasons he turned it down. We were happy with our decision.

Imagine our shock then, when on Thursday, 9th February, he was offered another permanent job (to put this in perspective, I was offered permanency down south in 2012 but haven't had another call since) only an hour and a half away from where we currently live with a population of about 7,500 and in a really great school! We took a quick trip there on the Friday and after checking out the school and a bit of the town, we accepted!

We will all be moving soon, which is both scary and exciting! I moved to Newcastle in 2008 for uni, but came back to my hometown which I love, and didn't think I'd move again!

This will be the first time I pack up an entire house - with kids! We've lived in our current house for 4 years (settlement was Valentine's Day 2013 and we moved in on our wedding day, April 27th) and I just cannot believe the amount of stuff we've accumulated in that short amount of time. Even though I declutter regularly and the house and cupboards are neat (and now finally the garage too!) there is more decluttering to be done so that there is less to pack. I'll be documenting my moving journey on the blog and on my Facebook page - stay turned!

No comments:

Post a Comment