Friday, 28 April 2017

The most delicious pumpkin bread!



Recently my friend and I were in Byron Bay for our friend's hens weekend, and we had breakfast out at a little café. I had the bircher muesli (which was delicious) and my friend had pumpkin bread with eggs, bacon, avocado and feta. It was divine!! Ever since then I've been meaning to find a recipe to make my own.

I looked up 'pumpkin bread themomix' in Google, and found a couple of recipes that I've combined, plus adding some of my own ingredients to come up with this recipe! It was SO good!! I used my Thermomix, but I think it would work just as well using a food processer or just mixing by hand (I have only tried the Thermomix way, so don't take my word on the non-Thermo instructions!)

PUMPKIN BREAD (Thermomix and non-Thermomix instructions included)

Ingredients:
400g butternut pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
4 eggs
1 tsp rock salt
1 tsp YIAH pumpkin pie spice OR 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger
50g white or raw sugar
1/2 tabs golden syrup
30g oil
1 cup almondmeal
1 cup SR flour
1 cup rolled oats
A sprinkle of pepitas or sunflower seeds for the top

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan forced.
2. Line 2 loaf tins with baking paper.
3. Add pumpkin to Thermomix bowl and grate 5 seconds, speed 6, MC on (or roughly grate pumpkin using a grater or a food processer)
4. Add eggs, salt, spices, sugar, golden syrup and oil and mix 3 seconds, speed 4, MC on (or mix in a food processor, or just mix by hand)
5. Add almondmeal, flour and oats, and mix REVERSE, 8 seconds, speed 4, MC on (or just mix in by hand).
6. The mixture should be slightly lumpy. Put into the loaf tins, filling about half way. Sprinkle with seeds. Place into oven for 45 mins - check at 30 mins to make sure the top doesn't burn (cover in al foil if it looks like it is). Check with a skewer to make sure the inside is cooked before pulling it out. Leave to cool for 30 mins in the tin.
7. Enjoy warm with butter, or with eggs, bacon, avocado, feta and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar! Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment