Saturday, 1 July 2017

Decluttering, Cleaning and Organising My Parent's Kitchen!




[My Parent's Kitchen - Before & After]

The house I grew up in from the end of 2002 until I went to Uni is a big 2-storey house with lots of room, and lots of clutter! Over the next few months, Mum and I are going to tackle different spaces around the house. I used to really dislike cleaning and tidying things (especially my room!) but have really come to love the feeling you get when you see what you can achieve in a short amount of time, plus I love feeling so much lighter for it (and having more space in the house!)

I began cleaning out each cupboard, by taking everything out, and asking Mum whether she'd like to keep it, chuck it, or donate it. Anything she didn't love or use had to go. I gave each cupboard a wipe out, and washed up anything that had dust/dirt from the cupboard on it. Then as I put it back I organised everything and made sure it suited the cupboard it was in, for practicality reasons. Here are some before and after pics! 

BEFORE: 


AFTER: 


BEFORE: 


AFTER: 


BEFORE: 


AFTER: 


BEFORE: 


AFTER: 


BEFORE: 


AFTER: 


BEFORE: 


AFTER: 


BEFORE: 


AFTER: 


BEFORE: 


AFTER: 


BEFORE: 


AFTER: 


AFTER (no before pic):


AFTER (no before pic):


AFTER (no before pic):


WHOLE KITCHEN BEFORE: 



WHOLE KITCHEN AFTER: 




And a new toaster and kettle! 


The whole space feels so much lighter, cleaner and organised, and it felt great to get rid of things that had been in those cupboards for almost 17 years. 

Almost 2 years ago, I decluttered Mum's pantry, you can read about it here!







No comments:

Post a Comment