Thursday, 10 August 2017

Organising a nappy bag for 2 children

I'll admit, organising the car and my nappy bag (or handbag) has never been my strong point! My nappy bag usually has way too much unnecessary stuff in it, and I can never find what I'm looking for!

Last year Leanne from Organising the Four of Us wrote a blog post about how she organised her handbag using 'Bellhop Files.' I loved them, but it wasn't until she showed us in a live video in Project 14 3.0 that she still uses them 18 months on, that I was sold - I've just purchased my own set, and they arrived today in the mail! (Click here to read Leanne's blog post).


My nappy bag is a 'Designs by Emma' plastic coated bag which I love! Make sure you like her page on Facebook, she is very talented! (Click here to read my reviews on my bags)


These are the 'Bellhop Files!' They come in a pack of 4 (I chose blue), with tabs at the top and labels, and mesh so that you can see what is inside each one. Unfortunately, the company is going in a new direction and are no longer selling these, and I was fortunate to buy one of the last sets for a 40% discount. BUT I think this style of file/bag is a fantastic idea for organising items in your handbag or nappy bag, and when I googled 'bag organisers' heaps of options came up for similar things, and for a similar price (with postage mine were approx. $31).


Here is what I have packed in each file: In the ESSENTIALS file, I have deodorant, sunscreen, Panadol, hand cream, tissues, my glasses, lipgloss, a comb and 2 hairbands.


In the CHANGE file, I have nappies, wipes, nappy bags and sanitiser. The beauty of these files is that they all clip together, or you can unclip just the file you need at the time! Perfect for when hubby offers to change the girls nappies!


In the SNACKS/TOYS file I have a bib, a snack for Miss M, a coffee sachet for me, a toy and a set of Peppa Pig cards (which will be handy to keep the girl's occupied if I am waiting at a doctor's office for example).


In the PERSONAL file, I have sanitary items and a change of clothes for Miss O.


In my nappy bag I also have formula and a bottle of cooled, boiled water (I make this up fresh before we leave the house though), a drinkbottle, hats for the girl's and this cute little kids first aid kit.


I made the first aid kit up with all the essentials the girl's might need (the little bag was originally for baby items such as nail clippers, comb etc.) and it is perfect to chuck in the girl's suitcases when we travel.

It has teething gel, antiseptic cream, Euky Bearub for colds, sanitiser, sudocream, bandaids, Panadol with a syringe, saline solution & a snot sucker, and stingoes. This has saved me numerous times!


I am excited to use my new nappy bag system, as it already looks so much neater, and is so much organised than my old method (which was to chuck it all in and hope for the best!)

No comments:

Post a Comment