A 28th Birthday High Tea!

Today I celebrated my 28th birthday! I wanted to keep it low-key, and decided that a small high tea with a few friends would be a lovely way to spend the afternoon. Brendan was working this morning so it was just Miss M and I at home this morning, however I was still recovering from being quite sick yesterday (and had to duck out to the doctor's today anyway) so it was lucky that the high-tea wasn't going to be stressful to plan or set-up! In total, it probably only took me half an hour to set up (and less than that to clean up!)

I did intend to bake some sweet treats however once I got sick I decided it wouldn't be a good idea! It turned out to be much easier to just buy a few nice items instead. I bought some macarons from McCafe, a chocolate hedgehog slice from the bakery, and some scones, pikelets (plus jam and cream), malteasers, musk sticks and strawberries from Woolworths. I used my teapots to serve tea and also had juice and water. The best part was being able to use my Mum's 30-year old fancy tea-set on a fresh white tablecloth.

A friend of mine had made a delicious banana cake that she brought round as well, and Brendan bought me a beautiful bunch of gerberas which took centre stage on the table. Another friend had made me some gorgeous bunting which I hung up in our sunroom (which I think I might leave up - I love it!)  

The food was delicious and the company excellent - we all had a lovely afternoon and it was the perfect way to spend my 28th birthday! I'll leave you with some photos (excuse all the toys in the sunroom/playroom, but that's motherhood for you haha!)

















No comments

Powered by Blogger.